Monday, August 14, 2006

The Greatest Show on Earth

Okay, so Friday night, my husband and I took our 4 year old to the circus. It was his first time to go. I'm not sure what was more exciting: the idea of watching him see the circus "stuff" for the first time, or just the whole family outing. I actually enjoyed watching Monty(aka: my oldest child) as much as Austin. What was fun, though, was Austin and the clowns. He laughed hysterically at their antics. We got there for the ringside show before the show and he absolutely could not contain his laughter. It was fun to watch him "get" the physical comedy.
Touching the elephant: Well, that was funny in that you have a 9,000lb elephant walking the edge of the ring and all of these kids trying to touch him as he walks by. Austin's little hand was a breath away from the elephant when he got a whiff! He turned to me with his fingers in his nose and his face curled up - "EEEWWW! That elephant's body smells!" It was so funny! We finally convinced him it was okay to touch the elephant - smell and all. Even on the way home, that was what he talked about - that stinky smell. Funny kid. He did have a great time and said to us, "Next year, we can come back again." When I figure out pictures, I'll post some.

It's such a joy to see our children enjoy special things like the circus. I hope we can teach them how blessed they really are to have such opportunities.

Blessings on your week.

No comments: