Wednesday, June 21, 2006

Priority?

It's been a while since my last post. My how things spiral out-of-control! (At least it seems that way!) We've been to Sea World with friends, had 2 weeks of swimming lessons for both boys and just returned from a family reunion in Abilene. Whew! I the midst of all of that, I have continued to follow the progress of some sweet little angels who are battling major health issues...life and death!

Little Jake is 4 and has been on a respirator for the past 29 days...complications from a bone marrow transplant. He is mostly breathing on his own and continues to fight. What a warrior he is and his family, too.

Little Macy just had open-heart surgery. She's 3 and has been through more in her short life than my husband, myself and our parents combined! She is in the hospital again now to correct some "minor" complications from the surgery.

Sweet babies! I'm so blessed and thankful for mine and for the health we are blessed with. Not a day goes by that I don't stop and look at my boys and smile and thank my God for them! All of the busyness of life just doesn't matter when it comes right down to it. What seems important falls by the wayside when it comes to those little blessings. I just put my little man back to bed. Just to feel his head on my shoulder and hear his soft breathing - Thank you, Lord, for protecting him and blessing him!

Blessings to those who are struggling with health tonight!

No comments: