I really didn't intend to take a blogging hiatus - it just happened! The end of the school year...aka the month of May...was super busy. I kept telling myself it would all slow down once summer got here. Not so! June kicked-off with a garage sale, swimming lessons, VBS and then a trip to Louisiana for the older boys to go to camp and help my folks get their house ready for selling. Since arriving back in Texas, it has taken a good week to get "back in the swing" of things.
Speaking of swing, July 6 was the starting date for Austin's first round of tennis lessons. He's been wanting to learn for some time now and has been convinced it's easy since playing on Pawpaw's Wii! He only goes two mornings a week for the month of July and so far, he's loved it. A bonus is that his little friend from his class last year is also in the class and we are getting to know his family better. We are carpooling to lessons and the boys are getting to spend some time together after lessons. I have to say that I have been totally blessed by this new friendship. J is Korean and after a brief visit on Monday, found out that she is a second generation Christian. His Dad is a fourth generation. It was so cool to listen to her story and learn about their journey. They wanted to find friends that are Christians and, in her words, "Don't just say Christian, but worship and live it." Wow! I'm looking forward to getting to know them all better.
Adventure. Every day with my middle son, P. He is his own drummer for sure! He has "killed" us with his comments and observations and I'm trying to write them down. My sister-in-law says I need to save them and write a book. My thought is that no one would believe he said them. However, you cannot make this stuff up! He's a sample.
We were heading out one evening last week to let the boys play at McD's and chill (so hot outside). P headed to the truck and was settled. I walked out, opened the overhead garage door and got in. He said, "Hey, I was going to do that." Monty and the other boys got settled, he backed out and we were on our way - almost. No garage clicker in the console. We looked and looked. He asked both boys if they had seen it. Austin had found the clip that holds it on the visor, but no actual clicker. Monty got out to get mine from my vehilce. While he was out, I kept looking. I decided to "pat down" P just in case. What in the world? Something small and "bumpy" in his shirt.
The clicker! He looked at me and said, "How did that get in there?" It was so hard not to laugh...which I did. He said, "What's Dad going to do to me?" I said, "well, he's probably going to kill you!" Laughing the entire time! Monty got in the truck and I told him what had happened. More laughing!
Yesterday. I'm taking a shower after working out. "A" comes to me and says that P has been spraying my cleaner on the chair. I'm not sure what he could have found since it all stays put away. When I got out to check on it, I could smell the citrus scent of Pledge. He had swiffered the back of our recliner with Pledge. He kept saying his mouth tasted funny - I called Poison control, just to be safe. He's fine. He's a mess.
The last one for now. After prayers one night, P looks at me and says, "why is Jesus' last name 'Amen?'" Where does he come up with this?
We are headed out to a family reunion this weekend and then moving my folks here next week. It's going to be a long week, but full of memories and blessings! I'm sure their will be more stories when we return. : )
Tucson 2017
9 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment