Tuesday, December 02, 2008

Catching up and give-away

So much for posting everyday in November. The back-to-back illness in our home did me in. Oddly enough, the youngest member of the family has been the instigator of said illnesses. Bless him! Anyway, we are counting down until Christmas and looking forward the fun the kids will have then. We'll be heading West to be with the other side of the family.

With three little ones in the house, there is ALWAYS something funny happening. (Actually, it's not always so funny, but it becomes funny to keep from crying!) My middle child is just too smart for his own good. He told me yesterday that we needed "to go the North Pole."
"Why?"
"Well, I want to go see my Mack!" (the Disney CARS character)
"Sweetie, Santa is coming soon and you've asked him to bring a Mack."
"But Mama, we could go to the mall right now and get it. And the yellow tractor and the Brutus and Victor! Oh, can we Mama, please??!!"
"Peyton, we have to wait until Christmas. We are NOT going to buy toys today. And by the way, I don't think little boys are allowed at the North Pole this time of year. Santa is much too busy!"

Reagan is walking...when it suits him. If he wants something and it's convenient, he'll go for it. Otherwise, he is our content little guy. He's battling the after-effects of a cold. We're hoping to avoid a trip to the cesspool of germs/doctor's office. It's like playing craps: do you take them in to see how bad it is, or wait it out for fear they get something much worse than what they started with.

Austin is finally getting one of his front teeth in. The week before Thanksgiving, we were talking as he was getting ready for bed and he said, "Mom, I'm lucky." Austin how are you lucky? "Some people's teeth take a REALLY long time to come in." Bless him! He's forgotten that it was the first week in December LAST year when he pulled his first tooth. He's such a sweet boy. In a few weeks, we are having a children's play at church. He's the main character. I'm a little nervous about that. He seems to be unconcerned about it. I think that's why I'm concerned.

We enjoyed a wonderful Thanksgiving with my parents in Louisiana. The boys have such fun there and love to be with Mom and Dad. The two oldest boys both wanted to stay. Reagan probably would have, too, if he could talk! I'm thankful for the memories that they are building and for the relationship that is already there and continues to grow.

Now on to other things.
Go here to read about the "Rebel" give-away! You will not be disappointed. MckMama is hosting a raffle to raise money for three different charities: String of Pearl, Elison Project and No Hands But Ours. You can read the details there. I'm still figuring out the adding of buttons, format, links, etc. I may need to take a crash course on blog formatting. : )

Be blessed today! Know that God is in control and His love is perfect...always!

No comments: