As with most of the world, today is a somber reminder of the events of five years ago. I still struggle with the reality that this happened and that someone could really do something so horrific. On a spring trip to NYC, I got to see ground zero for myself. It was sobering! Just trying to take in the site and imagine (based on tv images) what the area looked like during that horrible time was numbing.
I was working on when someone came into the office and said that a plane had just hit the WTC. I thought she was mistaken (a little crazy, actually!). I had a doctor's appointment later that morning - I was early pregnant and going for a sonogram to make sure the baby was okay. Just after seeing out little "shrimp," we saw the second plane hit. I remember thinking all day - what is happening in the world? What will it be like for my baby? Will he/she be safe? Will we be able to protect them?
While we've all lost from the events of 9-11, my thoughts and prayers continue to go out to the families who were directly impacted by loss of loved ones from these events. My prayer is that we never have to face this sort of tragedy again!
Blessings!
Tucson 2017
9 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment